Paramedicine Associates Degree
EKU’s online associate degree in paramedicine is designed to provide students with practical skills in patient assessment, prehospital emergency management and hands-on training in emergency medical techniques. Graduates are well positioned to complete their bachelor’s degree and further increase their employment opportunities.
Format: 100% online
* A minimum of 15 credit hours must be completed at EKU
Choose the program track that best fits your needs:
Associate degree in Paramedicine for licensed paramedics
Leverage your previous experience and education to make the transition from NAEMT-P to A.S. Paramedic.
- Applicants must be NREMT-P certified and/or state licensed paramedics
- Up to 12 hours from each of the online paramedic classes may be used for NREMT or state renewal in states that accept CECBEMS accredited continuing education.
Associate degree in Paramedicine for EMT’s seeking licensure as paramedics*
Utilize your work experience and previous education to make the transition from EMT to NAEMT-P.
- Applicants must be a certified EMT
- Graduates will be prepared to sit for the NREMT examination leading to licensure as a paramedic
*This program is delivered in a hybrid format featuring both online and in-person components. For more information, please contact our enrollment advisor at 859-622-7568 or Christopher.Adkins@eku.edu.
What sets our program apart?
Focused on medical best practices and leadership building, EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through topics such as advanced life support, advanced cardiology, management of behavioral emergencies and management of OB/GYN emergencies.
- CAAHEP-accredited for more than 35 years
- Nationally-renowned instructors
- 8 week courses
- 18 credit hours for previous experience PLUS additional opportunities to maximize credit
- Hours that count toward your degree and your recertification
- Ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the best universities offering online degrees
Why choose EKU?
EKU is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar university that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran-friendly campuses.