Fulfill your passion by earning a paramedic degree online. The EKU Online Emergency Medicine program was created for working adults. That’s why our degree options are 100% online. EKU offers one of the nation’s most respected paramedic programs. Online students take the same courses, from the same instructors as on-campus students.
We also know you already have training hours and maybe even college credit, and we believe that experience should count. Talk to your advisor about transfer credit, credit for prior learning and competency exams. You will also be able to count up to 12 hours of your coursework toward recertification.
At A Glance
$398 per credit hour
- CAAHEP-accredited since 1978
- Nationally-renowned instructors
- 8-week course length
- 18 credit hours for previous experience PLUS additional opportunities to maximize credit
- Hours that count toward your degree and your recertification*
- Ranked by U.S. News among the best universities offering online degrees
* Up to 12 hours from each of the online paramedic classes may be used for NREMT or state renewal in states that accept CECBEMS accredited continuing education.
Associate of Science Paramedicine A.S.P. - Earn your degree in the field you love. Take courses on topics like life support, electrocardiography and prehospital management of OB/GYN emergencies.
Bachelor’s Degree in Emergency Medical Care: Emergency Services Administration Option B.S. - Unlike typical emergency medicine degrees, the EKU Online bachelor’s program focuses on your skills in the field, as well as your administrative knowledge. Maintain your skills with classes like anatomy, life support and trauma. Prepare for advanced leadership with courses on writing, budgeting and ethics.