Paramedicine Associates Degree
Leverage your previous experience and education to make the transition from NAEMT-P to A.S. Paramedic. EKU’s online associate degree in paramedicine is designed to provide students with practical skills in patient assessment, prehospital emergency management, and hands-on training in emergency medical techniques. Graduates are well positioned to complete their bachelor’s degree and further increase their employment opportunities.
Format: 100% online
* A minimum of 15 credit hours must be completed at EKU
Note: Applicants must be NREMT-P certified and/or state licensed paramedics Up to 12 hours from each of the online paramedic classes may be used for NREMT or state renewal in states that accept CECBEMS accredited continuing education.
What sets our program apart?
Focused on medical best practices and leadership building, EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through topics such as advanced life support, advanced cardiology, management of behavioral emergencies and management of OB/GYN emergencies.
- CAAHEP-accredited for more than 35 years
- Nationally-renowned instructors
- 8 week courses
- Special tuition for active duty service members
- 18 credit hours for previous experience PLUS additional opportunities to maximize credit
- Hours that count toward your degree and your recertification
- Ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the best universities offering online degrees
Why choose EKU?
EKU is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar university that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran-friendly campuses.